Thursday, May 19, 2022
HomeChemistryWhich is the hardest substance available on earth

Which is the hardest substance available on earth

Question: Which is the hardest substance available on earth

(1)-Steel

(2)-Iron

(3)-Diamond

(4)-Plutanium

Answer: Diamond is the hardest substance available on earth

What is a Diamond?

The history of diamonds is very old. From their rumored beginnings as meteors from space, to their place in modern society, diamonds have been a source of both luxury and controversy for centuries.

What is the Structure of a Diamond?

The atomic structure is a model which assumes that an atom has a small, dense nucleus surrounded by a cloud of electrons.

The atomic structure is a model which assumes that an atom has a small, dense nucleus surrounded by a cloud of negatively charged electrons. The nucleus contains two types of particles – protons and neutrons – which have either no charge or one unit of positive charge respectively.

How Do They Form?

Diamonds form more than 1 billion years ago deep beneath the surface of the Earth when carbon atoms are trapped in a prison of heat and pressure. Diamonds can be mined from kimberlite pipes and alluvial deposits.

Why are They so Hard?

This article discusses the chemical and physical properties of water.

Water is a chemical compound of hydrogen and oxygen. More than 70% of the earth’s surface is covered in water and most of that water is the oceans. The other 30% of water is freshwater, which can be found in rivers, lakes, ponds, and glaciers.

How to Tell if a Mineral is Harder than Another

The Mohs Scale of Hardness is a scale that measures how hard a mineral is. The scale ranges from 1-10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the hardest.

1) Look at the scratch marks left on the mineral. If there are no scratches, then it is softer than 9. If there are scratches, then it is harder than 9.

2) Use a knife to see if you can scratch it or not. If you can easily scratch it, then it is softer than 5.

Hard plastic is a material that can create a variety of shapes and products. The downside to this is that it’s not the most durable material. If you are using hard plastic, be sure to use a knife if you want to see if it’s softer than 5.

3) Try to use your fingernail to see if you can scratch it or not. If your fingernail leaves an indentation in the surface of the mineral, then it is harder than 2.

If you have a hard time scratching your fingernail against the surface of the mineral, then it is classified as a hard mineral.

The Easiest & Hardest Metals for Beginners

The hardness of metals is a measure of the resistance to scratching. The higher the hardness number, the more difficult it is to scratch.

The easiest metals for beginners are copper, aluminum and zinc. These metals are soft and can be easily scratched by a knife or fingernail.

The hardest metal for beginners is tungsten carbide. It has the highest hardness rating on this list and will take some time to scratch with a knife or fingernail Which is the hardest substance available on earth.

इसे भी देखें:-
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular